Relax & Renew Restorative Yoga Training
with Judith Hanson Lasater Ph.D., P.T.
Monday, July 15 - Friday, July 19, 2024
Time: 10:30am -5:30pm
Lunch Break: 1:30-2:30pm
Yoga Flow SF Ocean Studio
385 Ashton Avenue SF, CA 94112
This 30-hour training is delivered in a workshop style, and will cover the art and skill of
teaching and practicing Restorative yoga.
During the training we will explore:
• How to sequence and facilitate a Restorative class
• How to teach and assist in Restorative yoga poses
• The physiology of relaxation
• The physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of rest
• Specific poses for menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause
Who can join this training?
This training is open to all teachers and serious students.
Refund Policy: $200 non refundable deposit after June 1, 2024
• Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times by Judith Hanson Lasater
• Restore and Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Hanson Lasater
• Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
• sticky mat
• eye cover
• two “fat” blocks, approximately 6 inches by 3 inches
• firm bolster
• 6 foot, 2 inch D ring belt (recommend this size belt from Hugger Mugger)
• 5 firm yoga blankets
Props can be stored at the studio for the duration of the program.
Please do NOT schedule your return flight or other travel plans at a time that requires you to leave early the last day. It's important that you are present for the entirety of the training.
To receive the certificate please remember you must submit a project AND be present at all hours of the training.
OPTIONAL YOGA CERTIFICATION:
It's $150 for this Restorative Yoga certification and to be listed on the Restorative Yoga Teacher Website. This fee can be paid in cash at the workshop if you live outside the United States. All other students can submit cash at the workshop or by a check drawn on a US bank, to be included in your submitted project for the training completion.
How to become certified as a Relax and Renew® Teacher
• Attend all sessions
• Complete a project to be submitted by mail no later than one year from the last day of the workshop, including a check for $150 which covers the grading the report and your Restorative Yoga Teacher certificate.
• The final mail in date for the project is July 16th, 2024, exactly one year from the last day of the workshop.
• To receive the certificate please remember you must submit a project AND be present at all hours of the training. No exceptions.
• Project submission is not required, and you are more than welcome to join the training for learning only.
As a certified as a Relax and Renew® Teacher you will receive:
• Feedback on your project
• A lifetime listing on Judith’s website exclusively promoting Restorative yoga teachers (www.restorativeyogateachers.com).
• Exclusive access to future trainings with Judith
For assistance with registration, please email us at: email@example.com and we're more than happy to help!
Settling into Silence: A Restorative Yoga Master Class
at the Ocean Studio
About Judith Hanson Lasater Ph.D., P.T.
Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.d. is a physical therapist, a yoga teacher and writer in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has been teaching since 1971 and is recognized as one of the leading teachers in the country. She helped to found The California Yoga Teachers Association, the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco, and Yoga Journal magazine. Judith offers numerous live events, digital courses, and has published ten books, including her most, Yoga Myths, and upcoming Teaching Yoga with Intention.
Inspirational Quotes by Judith
“When carving stone, the sculptor removes everything that is not the statue. […] The art of revealing beauty lies in removing what conceals it. So, too, Patanjali [in the Yoga Sutras] tells us that wholeness exists within us. Our work is to chisel away at everything that is not essence, not Self.”
“We accept responsibility for ourselves when we acknowledge that ultimately there are no answers outside of ourselves, and no gurus, no teachers, and no philisophies that can solve the problems of our lives. They can only suggest, guide, and inspire. It is our dedication to living with open hearts and our commitment to the day-to-day details of our lives that will transform us.”