Heather Farm Park is located at Heather Farms Road, Walnut Creek. It has a lot of green space and playgrounds for children to play on. It also has sports fields that are open during the day for soccer or baseball games to take place. It has lots of trails where you can walk your dog if you own one. Heather Farm Park also has some picnic tables and BBQ areas for families to eat at while enjoying the scenery of Heather Farms Lake.
Heather Farm Park is a popular park in the Heather Farms neighborhood of Santa Barbara, CA. It has been an agricultural area since the 1830s. Heather Farm Park offers many fun activities for visitors to enjoy including Yoga, hiking trails, picnic areas, and other family-friendly activities.
In 1874, a health resort known as Sulphur Springs Ranch was constructed on the site of the current park. In 1921, horse breeder John Marchbank bought the property and dubbed it Heather Farm for his favorite horse, King Heather. The arena at the farm was used to shoot sporting Blood in 1931.
What You Can Do at Heather Farm?
- Heather Farm has a diverse habitat including many grassland areas, wetlands, oak trees, and meadows.
- Heather Farm is home to many animals, including a variety of birds and insects.
- Heather Farm Park has supported these events since 2011 along with several other local events. Heather Farm has also partnered with the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition for this event and other events in the past such as Bike to Work Day.
- Heather Farm Park is a popular park among locals, hosting many community events throughout the year including farmer’s markets and holiday fairs.
- Heather Farm Park has a lot to offer, with so many great activities for everyone in the family. It is home to Pickleball courts and fountains where you can take your dog or just enjoy some time by yourself.
- It also offers an educational farm experience that enables children to learn about sustainable agriculture while they have fun. It is also home to an amazing Farmer’s Market that you should check out or come visit Heather Farm Park today and discover your new favorite place in Alameda.
The annual Art and Wine Festival is held at Heather Farm Park in Walnut Creek. It also has baseball fields, a basketball court, volleyball court, soccer field, skate park, equestrian center, and a swimming pool where you may watch synchronized swimmers practicing.
There is something for everyone at this park. It’s a lovely setting with play areas that will keep your kids busy for hours, as well as walking paths to enjoy the natural environment. The restrooms are in good working order, which is also a positive.
How to get to Heather Farm Park?
Heather Farm Park is a park located in Heather Highlands, California. Heather Farm Park has an elevation of 99 feet and can be found at latitude – longitude coordinates that are N 34° 57′ 27″ W 118° 26′ 12″. You can reach Heather Farm Park by taking the Exit 21-B off of Interstate 15 onto Via Rancho Parkway for .28 miles. Heather Farm Park is on the right-hand side.
Heather Farm Park is a beautiful, quiet open space with plenty of trails that are perfect for biking or just leisurely walking. There’s also a playground and picnic area as well as an off-leash dog park to keep your pup entertained. If you want to get involved in the community there is always something going on at the HFP Center so check out their events page today And if you need help getting here we can provide directions. Call us today and let’s explore what this wonderful place has to offer together.
Walnut Creek, California is blessed to have so many amazing parks that are just perfect for doing outdoor yoga! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Heather Farm Park
- Civic Park
- Alma Park
- Arbolado Park
- Diablo Shadows Park
- El Divisadero Park
- Howe Homestead Park
- Northgate Park
- Rudgear Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location located at 1330 South California Boulevard in Walnut Creek! Stop by for a visit anytime!