Diablo Shadows Park is a public park located in Walnut Creek, California. The park’s open space consists of 11 acres and features an off-leash dog area, playgrounds for children and adults, restrooms, picnic tables, and benches. Diablo Shadows Park also includes the Diablo Senior Center which houses the Diablo Chamber of Commerce as well as a variety of senior programs such as Meals on Wheels.
The Diablo City Council created this beautiful oasis to provide residents with many opportunities for recreation and socialization. Neighborhood park with a children’s playground, picnic areas, and access to nearby hiking paths.
View this post on Instagram
Some Diablo Shadow Park features include:
The Diablo Shadow Park is a place of community, recreation, and nature. The park features an outdoor amphitheater for live entertainment, picnic areas with barbecue pits, playgrounds for children to play on, walking trails through the trees and brush that are home to deer and other wildlife in the area.
- There are also soccer fields for adults who want to work out their competitive spirit or just have some fun playing a game with friends. All of these things make this park perfect for families looking to spend time together outdoors while enjoying all that nature has to offer.
- Diablo Shadow Park has a small stream in Diablo Shadows Park that feeds into Lake Chabot. There are some nice trails for running along this stream.
- Diablo Shadows Park is a local treasure that offers several amenities to locals of all ages on both sides of the hill in Walnut, California. The park features hiking paths through the brush and trees as well as an off-leash dog area. Diablo Shadows Park is also home to the Diablo Senior Center which houses the Diablo Chamber of Commerce as well as a variety of senior programs such as Meals on Wheels.
- The Diablo City Council created this beautiful oasis to provide residents with many opportunities for recreation and socialization, so be sure to check it out while enjoying all that Diablo has to offer.
- Playgrounds for children of all ages including toddlers who are just learning how to walk as well as teenagers looking for something fun and different from video games-
- The best time to visit Diablo Shadows Park would be during the day. Diablo Shadows Park has plenty of outdoor activities available and it’s a good place to escape the city for an afternoon or evening.
- Diablo Shadows Park is very close to the city of San Francisco and has many different trails that you can take, all with varying degrees of difficulty. Diablo Shadows Park also allows dogs on leashes so it’s perfect for families who have pets they want to bring along.
- Trails throughout the park’s .85 miles of landscaped paths offer views of wildlife, such as quail, rabbits, lizards, and squirrels which live in Diablo Shadows Park.
- Diablo Shadows Park is part of the East Bay Regional Parks system and has a $12 fee for entry into Diablo State Park or Sunol Regional Wilderness, which includes access to Diablo Canyon Trail at Diablo Shadows along with many other parks in the area. We recommend you bring plenty of water as there are no fountains within Diablo Shadows Park.
- Diablo Shadows is a good place to get some exercise and enjoy nature, but it’s also not too far of a drive from the city so you can easily do both in one day
- Diablo Shadows Park offers great views of hillsides without having steep trails which makes this park ideal for families who want to explore California.
View this post on Instagram
If you’ve been wondering how to get to Diablo Shadows Park, we have the directions for you. We hope that this article has helped answer your questions about what is at the park and why it should be a part of your next visit to Walnut California. For more information on our attractions or other parks in California, please contact us today.
Walnut Creek, California is blessed to have so many amazing parks that are just perfect for doing outdoor yoga! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Heather Farm Park
- Civic Park
- Alma Park
- Arbolado Park
- Diablo Shadows Park
- El Divisadero Park
- Howe Homestead Park
- Northgate Park
- Rudgear Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location located at 1330 South California Boulevard in Walnut Creek! Stop by for a visit anytime!