We Watch the Kids While You Practice!
Childcare is currently being offered at the Ocean Ave studio in the city and in Walnut Creek.
Come explore our designated child care play spaces facilitated by loving, attentive child care attendants who engage and care for your child while you are in the next room practicing yoga.
The child care room is staffed with incredible people who love children, have experience with them; are patient and kind and qualified. The owners of the studio are parents too and they understand the importance of mom and/or dad having time to practice yoga, especially together!
Some days are easier for others for kids new to the space so we ask you to always have a positive state of mind if we have to get you and disrupt your practice - we do everything we can to prevent this from happening but sometimes the child needs their parent! We've found if you get pulled from class and enter the child care room with grace and a light hearted, no big deal easy-going attitude the kids have a better time transitioning.
1. Create an account for your child. They will need their own account. Pro tip: use your email address and '+1' in it and the system will recognize it as a unique email but it will get sent to your regular inbox! Example, email@example.com becomes firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Book your child into the 'childcare' class that is at the same time as your class
3. Enjoy yoga!
- NO NUTS of Any Kind
- Please make sure they have a clean diaper on.
- Age range: Must be crawling. Kids 12 and older are welcome to join you in class if they are mature enough.
- Please DO NOT bring your children if they are sick.
- Registration required. You will need to make them their own individual account and buy each child their own package.
- All electronics are discouraged, however if they are used they can only be used with headphones. The content must be non-violent and age appropriate.
- Please bring age appropriate snacks and drinks for your child. No sugary snacks or drinks.
- Please provide back up diapers, wipes, a drink and clothing in their bag.
First Time Tips
Please arrive 15 minutes early to be in the space with your child as a way for them to feel safe. We welcome you to come in and just play the first time too. In the event your child is having separation anxiety and cries for 10 minutes, we will come get you and ask you to spend a few minutes with your child, helping them learn this is a safe space.
Once your child calms down, you will be able to go back to class. In the event we have to get you 3 times, we will comp you your yoga class. We will get you earlier than 10 minutes of your child being distressed or crying if that is your preference. Please let us know.
Those that are new to us are welcome to drop by and stay with their kids the first time.
We have developed a system to ensure we know who you are in the event we need to get you! Please follow this system! There is a dry erase board with a corresponding number to put your name and your child’s name and age. You will also put the belongings in the cubby that corresponds with the number you are filling in on the whiteboard and will take that number into the room with you in case we need to get you!
Once you enter the yoga room, please place your mat at the back of the room so we can easily get you if we need to!
If you are breast feeding we find it’s been very helpful for moms to do a feeding in the child care room before leaving to go practice. This helps your babies tummy be full and lowers the anxiety for them!