We offer massage therapy sessions
at our Ocean Avenue location in San Francisco. Yoga Flow massage therapists are also certified yoga teachers, and this allows for massage sessions to be constructed in ways that are complimentary to your practice. In order to provide accurately and precisely administered massage, our therapists have a deep understanding of the body’s muscular, skeletal and neurological systems. Our therapists also implement breathwork in the sessions to keep clients in the moment. You will leave feeling rejuvenated, relaxed and fresh.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy can come in many different styles, but all focus on the healing and relaxing of the body from the inside out. Massage and yoga are complementary systems for finding greater self-awareness and healing. Massage therapy can help with injury rehabilitation, muscle tension and pain. It can also help with the treatmentof anxiety, depression and fatigue. It activates the lymphatic system, flushing metabolic waste and toxins from the body, and frees old, stagnant patterns in the physical and emotional bodies, leading to a greater sense of openness and ease.
Touch is a basic human need, and it can facilitate healing from within. Massage should be relaxing, but when deep pressure is used, some discomfort is normal. The therapist relies on the client's body language and words to make sure that the client is not experiencing pain. Choose from deep tissue, relaxing Esalen, neuromuscular therapy, scar tissue therapy, Swedish massage, trigger point therapy and other modalities provided by our Massage therapists.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Treats stress, tension, pain, and injury
- Helps client work through chronic pains
- Helps reorganize chronically restricted tissues
- Activates the lymphatic system, flushing metabolic waste, and toxins from the body
- Helps with the treatment of anxiety, depression, fatigue and lethargy, as well as sleep disorders
- Frees old and stagnant patterns in the physical and emotional bodies leading to a greater sense of openness and ease
- Restructures unhealthy habitual muscular patterns and imbalances
- Prevents unhealthy muscular patterns from building
- Provides a relaxing treat as a means of letting go of daily stress
Meet our Massage Therapists
Deidre’s style of massage leans towards deep relaxation, focused detail work, and intuitive touch. Whether you need deeper work or just a moment of relaxation, Deidre is here to create a personalized massage where you can honor, heal, and learn about your body. She is trained in Swedish, deep tissue, trigger point release, lymphatic drainage, myofascial release, and neuromuscular therapy. She also has certifications in prenatal/postpartum massage, cranial sacral, advanced neck work, and TMJ disorders.