Yoga classes on site offer an easy, low-cost and innovative solution for companies wanting to reduce health care expenses, relieve workplace stress and promote healthy lifestyles and well-being for employees. Recent research indicates that companies who offer yoga and wellness programs to their employees reduce their annual health insurance premiums, and thereby improve their bottom line.
The Benefits of Yoga to the Organization:
- Reduces employer costs due to stress-related illnesses and absenteeism.
- Promotes well being in the work place and decreases employee turnover.
- Improves employee concentration and the ability to multitask.
- Boost employee morale.
- Inspire creativity and teamwork by introducing a new activity to the office community.
- Improves employee awareness and productivity.
- Attract top talent with a competitive benefits package that recognizes the importance of balance in and out of work.
- Enhances employee attitude and outlook.
- Reduce healthcare costs by focusing on wellness and prevention.
The Benefits Of Yoga to the Employee:
- Improves strength, flexibility and balance for a healthy body to last a lifetime.
- Provides stress management and muscle tension relief.
- Increases body awareness, which can promote weight loss, help smoking cessation, and prevent injury.
- Increases concentration.
- Improves sleep.
According to a recent study on worksite health programs, corporations realized $3-$6 in savings for every $1 invested in wellness programs. The same study showed more than a 25% average reduction in health-care costs for well-designed programs (American Journal of Health Promotion).
How It Works
The instructor will design the classes to accommodate those new to yoga, as well as offer modifications throughout the class for more advanced students.
Classes are 50 minutes and can take place early morning, during lunch or after work.
The best place to conduct the class is in a conference room, lunch room or empty office. Twenty-one square feet is needed per person and the employees will need to have a mat, which can be purchased through Aha Yoga studio. The room doesn’t need to be empty, we just need to be able to move the furniture aside while class is in session. Typically, classes held at the work place happen in a lunch room, empty office or a conference room.
Classes can be set up as a onetime offering or ongoing on a weekly basis.
We have relationships with amazing caterers, massage therapists, belly dancers, nutritionists and more. Let us know your needs and budget and we’ll help you create a unique, fun and incredible yoga experience to enhance your company wellness programming.
For information and rates, please contact Kathleen Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 415-686-6394.